Click on the box below to register for the next meeting.
Dual Language Special Education Network Meeting
Purpose of Network:
- Networking and mutual support for educators who support dual language (bilingual) special education students, including Special Education, Dual Language and ESL/ELL teachers and adminstrators.
- Supporting the growth of effective practices for dual language learners in the field of Special Education
- Providing professional development needs for special education teachers, staff, and administrators working with dual language learners
- Sharing research and field related program and instructional information regarding special education and dual language learners
Connections to MABE's Goals:
- Promote and disseminate research-based programs and practices supporting bilingualism and multiculturalism for educational success
- Develop relationships and collaborate with community-based, professional and educational organizations serving immigrants, ELLs, and bilingual populations
- Provide mentoring to special educators in order to reduce isolation and provide greater collaboration amongst special educators supporting ELLs.
Special Educators, School Psychologist, Speech and Language Pathologist, and Educational Leaders interested in Special Education Issues (e.g., Moderate Special Needs, Director of Special Education, Institutes of Higher Education, Literacy and Instructional Coaches, Interventionists)
Fee: $25 for meeting registration
Registration here - www.massmabe.org/events
- Payment by check, or credit card (Click "Pay Online" at registration). Purchase Order accepted for 4 or more registrations from one school or district.
Location for all meetings: Ashland Public Library, Community Room, 66 Front St., Ashland, MA
Time: 4:30 – 7:30 pm
Certificate of PDP's available for participation in this Network
Schedule for SY 2018-2019 Flyer
Meeting Dates SY'2019:
- Fall: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 - Topic on Practice: “Special Educators Getting on Board with the English Language Benchmarks”, Invited Guest: Sara Sara Niño, Language Acquisition Support Lead, OLA - Networking: Danaee Donovan shares her experience as a Special Educator on a La Siembra Leadership Team. La Siembra is a 2-full day retreat to facilitate planning, preparation and design of a new dual language program. Meeting Agenda Meeting Ppt MA DESE Presentation on EL Benchmarks/EL PAC
- Winter: Wednesday, January, 30, 2019 - Topic on Practice: Implementing RtI in a Dual Language School, Presentation by Amigos School, Cambridge, MA and Topic on Practice: Wilson Reading, A Special Educator and ESL Teacher's Co-teaching Experience, Barbeiri School, Framingham, MA Agenda
BU WHEELOCK PUBLIC DIALGUE SERIES: BILINGUAL LEARNERS WITH DISABILITIES - January 31, February 25 and April 25, 2019
DLSEN SPONSOR: Riverside Assessments, LLC and Imagine Learning