Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles
Bilingualism and multiculturalism are assets that provide cognitive, social, emotional, educational, and employment advantages for all students.
We identify, promote and disseminate research-based programs and practices that support bilingualism and multiculturalism for educational success.
Bilingualism and multiculturalism requires…
- Explicit policy at the district, state, and regional level.
- Systematic and strategic implementation of instructional methods that promote bilingualism and multiculturalism.
- Preparation of all educators to effectively teach the diverse populations of today and tomorrow.
- Collaboration and networking among educators, families, and communities for student success.
- Development of continuous research that builds and expands on the current knowledge base.